The deluxe soft and hard cheese making kit is an excellent gift for the serious DIY cheese maker. Unlike other cheesemaking kits, this kit includes an excellent recipe and educational book which will help teach the art of artisan cheese making as well as the recipes for making many soft and hard cheeses.
This kit can be used to make hard cheeses such as: cheddar, colby, gouda and parmesan. And many soft cheeses can also be made. It also includes your choice of a small, large or extra large Tomme mould to press your hard cheeses. Everything needed to make many many batches of soft and/or hard cheeses.
New: now includes our Custom Whey Drainage Tray & Tray Insert $21.97+$6.00
Our kit contains:
- Mesophilic Starter Culture MM100-101 125 dose or Chr Hansen CHN-22
- Thermophilic Starter Culture TA 61-62 50 dose
- Mesophilic Starter Culture Kazu
- Flora Danica 50 dose
- 2 oz. Mild Lipase Powder
- Calcium Chloride 1 oz.
- 4 oz. liquid rennet (your choice/make note at checkout)
- 1 oz. Commercial Grade liquid smoke
- 1 oz. Natural cheese coloring (orange/yellow)
- 2 square yards Reusable Cheesecloth Grade 60 (to line your mould)
- Nylon/Plastic Straining Skimmer
- Custom Whey Drainage Tray & Insert
- Small Measuring Spoons
- Six Bamboo Draining Mats
- Large Pocket Dial Thermometer
- Tomme Mould (choose one of these moulds: small, large, extra-large)
FYI: Using the larger moulds does not mean you have to use more milk/curds, you can make cheeses with less height using the Extra-Large Tomme Mould.
Moulds are discounted in this Kit at $15, $25 & $35.
200 Easy Cheese Making Recipes $27.97(sold in this kit for $25)-great beginner book, easy to follow recipes and theory or Mastering Artisan Cheesemaking $37.97(sold in this kit for $35)-great beginner/intermediate book, easy to follow recipes, contains more details on process and inoculants.
Total value of $190.58(less Tomme Mould & Book(s). Purchase here for $172.97.
IMPORTANT NOTE: You can choose the Tomme Mould you want to have included with this Kit. You can choose NO BOOK, one or both books. Both books are excellent, with the Mastering Artisan Cheesemaking being much more comprehensive, yet still understandable for even the beginner. And this book is an excellent resource for the accomplished artisan cheesemaker.
Shipping included within the Continental USA. Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, International shipping available. Shipping costs quoted for this Kit are estimated. If the postage is lower after the order is processed, a refund will be issued.