About This Product
Organic Live Kombucha Starter Culture (SCOBY)
- All natural organically grown Kombucha SCOBYS are gluten free and 100% Vegan.
- Shelf Stable until ready to use
- SCOBY is a nice size to ferment a One Gallon batch of Komucha.
- We include pH strips and color chart to help you monitor the short fermentation and compare to the the finished taste you prefer.
Kombucha is fast becoming a very popular beverage that not only tastes great, but can be beneficial to your health. Kombucha contains lot of Vitamin B and healthy bacteria and yeasts. I've had the commercial Kombucha of which there are many. Most just didn't wet my whistle. They had an odd aftertaste and were too acidic for my taste(you can adjust the acidity and flavor to your liking). After consuming some friend's(thanks Sacha) wonderful Kombucha I was hooked. Kombucha is very easy to make. You can carbonate it naturally or artificially(I run two on tap at home). Add non-sweetened fruit juice after to give it the flavor you want. Or use herbal teas from Rishi to add great flavor. Kombucha is gluten & dairy free.-Steve Shapson (former gourmet soda consumer, now Kombucha lover).
Purchase one or both of our Fermentation Heater Belts** at a nice discount ($14 & $18 respectively) to maintain a warmer temperature in your Kombucha making vessel, very useful to ferment your Kombucha faster or during the colder winter months.
NEW: NATURAL FLAVOR EXTRACTS FOR KOMBUCHA, only $9.97.
Add a tiny amount of these all natural flavor extracts to your finished Kombucha. Delicious. Available in seven popular flavors: Cherry, Ginger or Raspberry -2oz(60ml).
Each Kombucha SCOBY is shipped in a vacuum sealed package along with enough Kombucha to help your first batch succeed.
Includes 10 pH strips to test your Kombucha for the correct pH (acid level) and instructions for brewing your Kombucha!
If your first batch is a gallon size jar, your primary Kombucha should be completed in 7-10 days, depending on ambient room temperature.
- This is where you can add flavor and 'fizz' !
- Add flavors or small amounts of juice
- Bottle in air tight bottles (so CO2 won't escape)
- after a few days you'll have a tasty and fizzy probiotic drink to enjoy- store in the refrigerator!
Shipping included within the continental USA.
Shipping available to: Hawaii-Alaska/Canada/Europe/Australia-New Zealand-Japan