About This Product
There are so many fascinating aspects to the art of cheesemaking and discovering the varieties and behaviors of cheese cultures is no exception. These cultures are created from different strains of bacteria and designed to produce specific and consistent results. With so many cultures to choose from, figuring out which one to use can be confusing and time-consuming. To make the process easier, first, decide on the type of cheese you want to make. This step will point you towards the appropriate culture that you will use to inoculate your milk. The mesophilic CHR-Hansen CHN-22 culture is an aromatic of the type LD that produces carbon dioxide and a tangy flavor. Used for soft cheeses and fermented dairy products such as Camembert, Brie or sour cream, this is one ingredient that will top the list of your cheese making supplies. Delving into the incredible world of cheese and the cultures that bring them to life can be daunting, so take your time, keep things simple and enjoy the process. As you become more familiar with the way these living ingredients work, you may find yourself creating your own unique recipes and formulas, bringing new cheese into the world.
- Comprised of the following strains: Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris, Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis, Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis biovar diacetylactis and Leuconostoc
- Freeze-dried DVS
- Results in high flavor and medium texture
- Maintains the development of body and flavor during the aging process
- Off-white or slightly red or brown granules
- Each packet contains 50 doses
- Packaged in units of 10
- Store in the freezer until ready to use
- Add frozen granules directly to pasteurized dairy product
- Use 1/8 teaspoon per 1 gallon (3.7 liters) of milk, 1/4 teaspoon per 2-5 gallons (7.5-18.9 liters) of milk, 1/2 teaspoon per 5-10 gallons (18.9-38 liters) of milk
- Kosher certified
To get started, browse through our camembert cheese supplies for more ideas and ingredients.
Shipping included within the 50 United States. International shipping available.