About This Product
BT02 Mesophilic Starter is similar to MM100-101 but produces a more aromatic / buttery profile for your cheese.
BT 02 contains:
- (LLC) Lactococcus lactis subsp. Cremoris
- LLD) Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis biovar diacetylactis
- (LL) Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis
- (freeze-dried direct set/DVI-Direct Vat Inoculation)
This Mesophilic starter culture can be used as the culture to make homemade Camembert, Brie, blue cheese, mozzarella, Chevre, feta, Fromage Blanc and other cheeses.
Vegan Use Disclaimer: This product is produced using lactose as a fermentation nutrient. This means that during the fermentation part of the production process, any lactose is fermented out and is NOT present in the final product.
If you’re a commercial vegan cheese producer, this may still not meet your quality control. For home vegan cheese makers, this product has no lactose in it and is technically considered vegan.
Refer to Spec Sheet for usage rates.
HOBBYIST USAGE RATES:
- 1/8 tsp. per 1 gallon(3.7liters),
- 1/4 tsp. per 2-5 gallons(7.5-18.9 liters)
- 1/2 tsp. per 5-10 gallons(18.9-38 liters).
Shipping included within the USA. International shipping available.