About This Product
Having the proper cheese mould or hoop helps to form curds together to create a finished, presentable product. Moulds for general use work well for certain varieties of cheese, whereas specialized moulds are better suited for other varieties. Regardless, moulds help produce a more uniform and consistent product. For Camembert and Brie cheeses, choosing the respective user-friendly mould and matching accessories helps to get the job done correctly. After choosing the proper mould for your cheese type, line it with a cheesecloth, add curds and press them into the mould with even pressure using a follower or lid as advised by your recipe. At this point, remaining whey will be extracted from the curds as they condense. The Camembert mould is an essential addition to Camembert kits and is appropriate for curds yielded from one gallon of milk and can make two wheels of Camembert cheese. The follower is specially made to fit the unique size of the stainless-steel Camembert mould. The extra-large Brie cheese mould will yield one Brie from a gallon of milk but can accommodate the curds yielded from up to three to four gallons depending on how well curds are drained and how much moisture they retain. After combining all the necessary Brie ingredients and allowing the milk to ripen and form curds, the specially-sized Brie lid doubles as a press to condense them into your mould.
- Polypro Camembert Mould – 4 3/8 inches wide and 4 1/4 inches high
- Stainless Steel Camembert Mould -
- Optional Follower for Stainless Steel Camembert Mould - $7, constructed with food-grade HDPE, four inches wide and four inches high
- Polypro Brie Mould -7 1/8 inches wide, 4 3/8 inch high
- Polypro Lid for Brie Mould - can be used to press curds
- Customers within the continental USA, Puerto Rico, Hawaii and Alaska have shipping included.
- International shipping options are also available
Shipping included within the Continental USA. Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, International shipping available.