This recipe use 1 liter or 1 quart of 35% cream. Use heavy cream which is not ultra pasteurized.
- Over low heat, warm cream to 75f(24c) stirring gently to prevent scalding of cream.
- Turn off heat and sprinkle 1/8 tsp. of theMilkman™ Cream Cheese Starter or Flora Danica or onto the surface and allow the culture powder to dissolve completely on the surface of the warmed cream and then stir gently for a few minutes.
- Let ripen for 48 hours at room temperature of 20-24c (68-75f) until cream is curdled and thick
- Place in refrigerator for 12 hours or longer to thicken more.
- Place in airtight container and store in refrigerator. Should keep for up to 10 days.