About This Product
Vegan / Non-Dairy Fresh Cheese Making kit
For making ‘ Vegan Cheese’ from non-dairy substrates such as
Cashews, Coconut Milk or other Plant Based Milks. Ingredients in Kit are lactose / dairy free.
This kit allows you to make several different Non-Dairy cheeses from substrates including cashews, almonds, coconut milk and tofu including instructions as how to make:
- Nut Milk
- Coconut Yogurt
- Almond Butter
- Non Dairy Sour Cream (cultured) from cashews
- Cream Cheese (cashew)
- Sliceable Pepper Jack from Coconut Milk
- Mozzarella from cashews and almonds
- Feta from Tofu
No lengthy aging required for these cheeses.
There are also recipes/instructions in the booklet for Aged Vegan Cheeses, and
we offer a Vegan Aged Cheese Kit for longer Aged Vegan Cheeses such as Camembert/ Blue / Gouda,
or if you want to try both the Fast/Fresh recipes and the Aged Vegan Cheese recipes- we have a
Deluxe Vegan Aged-Fresh Combo Kit!
Your Kit Includes:
Kit contains the following which can be used to make a Variety of Non-Dairy Cheeses:
(store all ingredients at room temperature except the Probiotic Fermentation Blend which stores in freezer)
- (1) 2 oz Package of Agar Agar (approx. 8 tablespoons / 24 teaspoons)
- (1) 4 oz Package of Tapioca Starch (great for vegan cheeses that melt)
- (1) 3 oz Package of Nutritional Yeast – adds texture and cheese like color
- (1) 4 oz Package of Kosher Cheese Salt
- (1) 1 Package of seasoning blend
- (1) Nut Bag / Draining Bag
- (1) Set of Mini Measuring Spoons 1/32nd tsp – ¼ tsp
- (1) Packet of Probiotic Fermentation Blend (Non-Dairy / Lactose Free) to ferment your cheeses
Includes Instructional Booklet:
- (1) Booklet: ‘Plant Based Cheese Making Basics’ with info and recipes
Note: you may find you need a few more ‘standard’ pantry ingredients which are not in the kit; read each recipe before starting. ( i.e. Lemon Juice, Garlic Powder etc.) and you’ll want to have about a 12 oz – 1 quart glass / pyrex type bowl to form you cheeses.
You’ll also want to read recipes ahead of time and make sure you have the right non-dairy substrate such as Coconut Milk, Cashews or Almonds.
BOOKS- OPTIONAL- more comprehensive Vegan Cheesemaking Books
- Option to purchase at same time
- ‘Artisan Vegan Cheese’ by Miyoko Schinner with many great recipes and tips and/or
- 'This Cheese is Nuts' by Julie Piatt with many other great recipes and options for vegan cheesemakers
Shipping included within the Continental USA. Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, International shipping available.