About This Product
MAKE YOUR OWN AGED CHEDDAR OR 'SQUEAKY' CHEDDAR CURDS!
Make your own or give the gift of homemade cheese to a fellow cheese lover.
This kit includes everything you need to make white or orange cheddar. Just add milk! Our Kit and helpful instructions make it easy.
Your Deluxe Cheddar Cheese Making Kit Includes:
- Mesophilic Starter Culture MA4001-2 25 Dose packet (store in freezer in zip lock bag); recipe shows usage rates
- 1 oz. Liquid Rennet Double Strength (store in refrigerator)
- 1 oz. Liquid Calcium Chloride (store room temp; use for homogenized milk- see ‘Basics’ notes)
- 1 oz. Annatto Coloring – adds yellow color for Cheddar
- 4 oz Kosher Cheese Salt
- Pocket Dial Thermometer- monitor your milk’s temperature!
- 1 pack re-useable Cheese Cloth (2 square yards); for draining / straining your curds
- 5 piece measuring spoons (for measuring small volumes of ingredients)
MOULDS AND WAX TO FORM YOUR CHEESE AND THEN WAX
- Small Tomme Cheese Mould (to form & press curds into shape)
- 1 lb. Orange Cheese Wax (to coat cheese later)
- 1 Natural Bristle Brush (for applying wax)
- Cheddar Cheese Recipe- make Aged Cheddar or Fresh Cheddar Curds!
- BASICS OF CHEESE MAKING INSERT- overview of ingredients, usage and storage
Shipping included within the Continental USA. Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, International shipping available.