About This Product
Our Deluxe Fresh Kefir Making Kit includes 2-3 tbsp./32-35 grams, approximately 2 Tbsp of freshly harvested locally grown Kefir grains
Our Kefir grains are propagated using only highest quality fresh local pasteurized cow milk. Order additional Kefir Grains and SAVE $10.00 on a second pack!
Includes instructions on how to revive your Kefir Grains and make homemade Kefir!
GIFT WRAP OPTION- we will Gift Wrap your Kit if you select this option!
Your Kit Includes:
The kit contains the following and will make delicious / nutritious homemade Kefir!
FRESH KEFIR GRAINS
- (1) Package of freshly harvested, locally grown Kefir Grains (approx. 32-35g)
- OPTION for second package of Kefir Grains at reduced price
FREEZE DRIED KEFIR CULTURE
- (1) pack of a Freeze Dried Kefir culture ; great for single batches; different taste & texture than from Fresh Kefir Grains.
- use 1/3 packet for 1/2 gallon of milk; store unused culture in freezer
- (1) ½ Gallon wide mouth glass jar with lid
- (1) Crystal Strip ‘stick on’ thermometer to adhere to jar
- (1) Stainless Steel Slotted Spoon
- (1) fine mesh 6 ½” strainer (fine tin mesh does not let baby grains through)
- (1) muslin cloth circle / rubber band to cover jar and allow ‘breathing’
- OPTIONAL: Fermentation Heater Belt (can wrap jar in chillier weather)
- Recipe and instructions for Reviving your Grains and making Kefir
Purchase our Fermentation Heater Belt** at a nice discount to maintain a warmer temperature in your Kefir making vessel, very useful only during the colder winter months.
**Use our Heater Belt once you start fermenting at least 1/2 gallon or more of milk.
Our fresh locally grown Kefir Grains include approximately 32-35 grams of fresh Kefir grains, and instructions on how to care, maintain and propagate your fresh milk Kefir grains.
Our Kefir grains are propagated using only the highest quality fresh local pasteurized cow milk. Real Kefir grains will produce a full flavor profile, making authentic Kefir.
These Kefir grains will propagate, producing more grains. Working with real Kefir grains is easy.
Freeze Dried Kefir Culture: we include one pack of a Freeze Dried Kefir culture which does make delicious single batches of Kefir; the taste and texture is a bit different than Kefir from fresh grains. You can reorder on our site if you like it.
If you want a larger strainer we do offer larger sizes on our site. This strainer comes in two sizes to accommodate the quantity of grains you're straining so you collect all the Kefir grains, especially the baby grains which can fall through some strainers.
Ours are double mesh and their holes are about 1/32nd inch.
Kefir grains contain loads of healthy bacteria and yeast, including the following:
Lactobacillus acidophilus|, Lactobacillus brevis, Lactobacillus casei, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. delbrueckii, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. lactis, Lactobacillus helveticus, Lactobacillus keﬁranofaciens subsp. keﬁranofaciens, Lactobacillus keﬁri, Lactobacillus paracasei subsp. paracasei, Lactobacillus plantarum, Lactobacillus rhamnosus, Lactobacillus sake, Lactococcus lactis subsp. cremoris, Lactococcus lactis subsp. lactis, Lactococcus lactis, Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. cremoris, Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. dextranicum, Leuconostoc mesenteroides subsp. mesenteroides, Pseudomonas, Pseudomonas fluorescens, Pseudomonas putida, Streptococcus thermophilus
Shipping included within the Continental USA. Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico available. We cannot ship internationally due to the Kefir grains not doing well for a long international travel time.