About This Product
theMilkman™ Geotrichum Candidum 2D Packet
(use with approx 32 batches of 2 gallons of milk each batch)
GEOTRICHUM CANDIDUM is used in conjunction with Penicillium Candidum to produce the white mold around bloomy-rind cheeses, aiding in the ripening process and adding a variety of subtle flavors.
This strain produces a white, flat rind with excellent development of aroma and flavor.
- Geotrichum Candidum is a great way to enhance the flavor and texture of Brie and Camembert.
- use with theMilkman™ Penicillium Candidum; or use theMilkman™ Camembert Starter which contains Mesophilic Starter, Penicillium Candidum and Geotrichum Candidum in correct ratios)
contains lactose (milk)
Home Cheese Making Usage:
- Use 1/32nd for 1-2 gal. of milk
- Use 1/16th tsp for 3-5 gal. of milk
- This packet will make about 32 batches of 2 gallons each
Store in Freezer away from moisture
Shipping included within the USA. International shipping available.